We visited the Camden Council which is make Camden a better borough and create a place that works. A man who is working in the Council explained their magnificent project ‘The Camden Plan’. After IT was invented, there was a global financial crisis. With increasing demand and reducing budget, IT services were merged into centres of excellence, and the camden plan was appeared. It is built on the Big Data technology.
They mix variety of social things such as population, diversity, and income. Also they have developed five strategic objectives that will be focus over the next five years, acting as the framework for this reform.
- Providing democratic and strategic leadership fit for changing times- they want to get closer to their communities, supporting them to be self-sustaining but also using their role as the democratically elected voice of Camden to in uence national and London government and work with partners to unlock the borough’s collective resources for the bene t of all.
- Developing new solutions with partners to reduce inequality- Inequality has many dimensions. There are huge variations in health, education, housing and crime outcomes across the borough. These are long-term problems they have been grappling with for many years. However they recognise that with severely reduced resources they need to explore new solutions alongside their partners if they are to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- Creating conditions for and harnessing the benefits of economic growth- Although Camden has a strong local economy they need to do all they can to continue to attract businesses, jobs and investment to the borough. They want to bridge the gap between the employment opportunities available in Camden and the increasing levels of unemployment, particularly amongst young people.
- Investing in communities to ensure sustainable neighborhoods- They should not underestimate the challenge of maintaining a strong and cohesive community in Camden. Being in the centre of a busy world city at a time when the public sector is downsizing creates some real issues that they need to respond to. They want communities across Camden to become more sustainable so that they can do more to help themselves and each other. Our investment in both the physical and social infrastructure will be critical to making Camden a better place to live.
- Delivering value for money services by getting it ‘right first time’- They want to make sure that services They provide are of a high standard and value for money, so everyone is satisfied and those that need support get it. They believe it is possible to improve customer service at the same time as continuing to reduce costs. If They deliver services that are ‘right first time’ then fewer resources are required to resolve the problems arising from getting it wrong.
My interest in IT services has increased after going through these detailed strategic objectives which I was not really into. I believe IT service with Big Data will make great benefits into our lives by resolving ongoing problems.