Why the smart city?

Why the smart city?

I’m currently studying second year interior and spatial design at chelsea college of arts, and I’m getting a lot of ideas and experiences in this field.

However, I always have had something to worry. I think we are living in transition period between digital information era and The Fourth Industrial Revolution. We couldn’t predict how accurately the world is going to be changed, and definitely, world is being changed rapidly than we could ever imagine.

After I graduate the BA course, I should adopt and create what I learned from the uni to the new society. I believe that new technology is going to be created, developed and generalized. Moreover, although I’m studying design, not only design area, but also all fields such as  engineering, science, even fine art will be connected and applied to a new technology.

Unfortunately, I do not have much knowledge yet about the new technology such as A.I, Blockchain, and Open source technology, this session will be a good chance to experience variety of technology for me. I desire to experience and study as much I can, and hope to apply my future works to The Fourth Industrial Revolution.